I know you have your own favorite cache. The one which dazzled you, the one that haunts you at night, or the one who got away (just to be found years later in the arms of another geocacher ;-))
Have you ever thought which geocache has the most favorite votes?
Well, as of Nov 2011, the top list is as following:
1. Geist Des Hagen – a traditional cache located in Hassen Germany with 1093 favorite votes and 2821 finds. The cache owner is die helden. It was hideen in March 2007.*
2. Original Stash Tribute Plaque – located in Oregon with 954 favorite votes and amazing 5500 visits! It was hidden on 2003.
3. Ring der Nibelungen – a multi cache located in Hassen, Germany. It has 948 favorite votes. It was #1 until recently, and it is inactive for the last few month. It was hidden only on September 2009, and it has 2185 visits.
4. Lego – einer ist zuviel – traditional cache from Berlin Germany with 865 favorite votes.
5. Groundspeak Headquarters with 804 votes. I will give you 1 guess where this cache is hidden. I can also give you 2 hints. It has a special type of HQ, and the grounspeak headquarters are located in Seattle.
6. Schatz des Drachen – an unknown cache located in an unknown place in Hessen Germany. It has 748 votes and it was found by 1780 geocachers.
Want to know something else? Die Helden the geocacher who hid total of 10 caches, hid both Geist Des Hagen, the Ring der Nibelungen cache, this cache, and 3 other caches in the top 25 favorite caches.
If you saw these caches, know why the germany caches are disabled**, or have any thoughts, feel free to leave them.
So long for now,
May the signal be with you!
*Thanks DcCow for this info.
**according to the comments, the caches were disabled because trees in the cache area are going to be cut.